Reminder: Friday, Oct. 11 is a student holiday and Monday, Oct. 14 is a staff and student holiday.
For a complete listing of calendar dates, visit the CALENDAR section of the SBISD website
Due to inclement weather, 2nd grade swimming, Boys & Girls Club, and Open House are cancelled today.
Debido al mal tiempo, hoy se cancela la natación de segundo grado, el Boys & Girls Club y la Noche Escolar.
5th graders Hugo M. and Katherine M. were recently named the Safety Patrol Co-Captains. Congratulations, Hugo & Katherine!
As we prepare for the new school year, mark your calendar with these important dates.
Mientras que nos preparamos para el año escolar nuevo, marque su calendario con estas fechas importantes.
The Buffalo Creek Safety Patrols, Respectors, and Bison Greeters forge as one unit to formulate the BCE Kindness Crew. Together they assist in maintaining BCE a safe and bully-free school. In addition, they promote kindness, respect, and responsibility.
Our two sponsors, Ms. Jessica Lopez and Mrs. Becky Stephenson, jointly applied for the United to End Bullying grant sponsored by Safe Fleet. The winners were announced at the beginning of summer, and BCE was the only school in Texas awarded a grant!
The Kindness Crew will use the grant to schedule a program/presentation focused on bullying/respect, as well as fund basic equipment needs and supplies for all three groups.
Congratulations to The BCE Kindness Crew, Ms. Jessica, and Mrs. Stephenson on their award!
The 2019-2020 School Supply Lists are now available. Las listas de utiles ya están disponibles.
For more information about available online resources visit SBISD's Student and Families Portal.
For more information about Online Meal Payment/Food Services click here.
The Spring Branch Independent School District has selected the following early dismissal days to be used for professional development or parental involvement. Not all schools may follow this schedule, so please contact your child's school directly if you have any questions.
- October 17-18 Elementary Early Dismissal – Parent/Teacher Conference
- December 18-20 Secondary Early Dismissal; December 20 Elementary Early Dismissal
- February 13-14 Elementary Early Dismissal – Parent/Teacher Conference
- May 26-28 Secondary Early Dismissal: May 28 Elementary Early Dismissal
Click here to review the SBISD Academic Calendar for 2019-20.
The first day of school is Thursday, August 15, 2019.
Visit our Back to School page for information on registering and staying connected.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT
- To be eligible to enroll in kindergarten, a child must be five years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year.
- First graders must be six years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year.
- If you are new to Spring Branch ISD, or you have moved within SBISD and will attend a different school than the previous year, you must register for classes at the school your child will be attending.
- Be four years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year.
- To determine state funding the parent/guardian must answer questions about the student’s ability to speak and comprehend English, as well as about the family’s income level.
- Parents should assume responsibility for the supervision of their children prior to being picked up by the bus and after the bus has returned.
- Be five years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year to be eligible for kindergarten.
- Be six years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year to be eligible for first grade
- A child who is not legally eligible to enter grade 1 may be assigned to first grade before age six. Such assignments are the decision of the District, with the consent of the child’s parent or guardian
- New students after first grade will be placed initially at grade level reached elsewhere. Final grade placement will be based on observations and testing made by District personnel.